American University Scholarships for International Students 2023 – American University is committed to enrolling a diverse student body from all over the world. The costs of studying in the United States can be prohibitive for some students. However, the university offers a number of scholarships for international students.
In this blog post, we will outline some of the American University scholarships for international students 2023. We hope that this information will help you plan your finances and make your dream of studying in the United States a reality.
READ ALSO: Full Ride Scholarships for International Students in USA 2023 – Apply Now!!!
What is American University?
American University, located in Washington, D.C., is a private research university with an emphasis on international relations and public policy. The school has a diverse student body, with students coming from all 50 states and more than 130 countries. American University offers a variety of scholarships for international students, including need-based and merit-based awards.
Need-based scholarships are awarded based on financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). These scholarships can come from the federal government, state governments, or private organizations. Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, athletic ability, or other factors. American University offers both need-based and merit-based scholarships for international students.
The university also offers a number of other financial aid options for international students, including grants, loans, and work-study programs. International students can also take advantage of tuition discounts at American universities. For example, the school offers a 10% tuition discount to students from developing countries who enroll in certain programs.
READ ALSO: Fully Funded PhD Programs in USA for International Students 2023 – Apply Now!!!
Why should I study at American University?
If you are looking for a world-class education, American University is the perfect place for you. Its faculty are leaders in their field and students come from all over the world.
American University offers a variety of scholarships to help make an American University education possible for international students. need-based financial aid, merit-based scholarships, and special programs like the Ford Foundation Fellowship program.
An American University education will prepare you for success in your career and in life. Graduates go on to leadership positions in government, NGOs, and the private sector.
What are the Requirements for American University Scholarships for International students?
To be eligible for an American University scholarship, international students must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program at AU
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Meet the English proficiency requirements for their program
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a citizen of a country other than the United States
- Not be in default on any student loans
READ ALSO: Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students in USA 2023 – APPLY NOW
How do I Apply for Scholarships for International Students at American University?
If you are an international student looking for scholarships to help pay for your education at American University, there are a few things you need to know.
First, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can do this by going to fafsa.gov. After you have completed the FAFSA, you will then need to submit a Scholarship Application Supplement form. This form is available on the American University website.
In addition to the FAFSA and Scholarship Application Supplement, you will also need to submit transcripts from your previous school as well as SAT or ACT scores.
Once all of these materials have been submitted, your application will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via mail or email.
What are the Benefits of the American University Scholarship for International Students?
The American University Scholarships for International Students (AUS-ISS) program offers a number of benefits for students who are looking to study in the United States.
One of the main benefits of the program is that it provides full scholarships for all four years of undergraduate study at American University.
In addition, the AUS-ISS program also covers the cost of living expenses and health insurance for all four years of study.
For students who are interested in pursuing a career in the United States after graduation, the AUS-ISS program also provides job placement assistance and internship opportunities.
READ ALSO: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA for International Students 2023 – Apply Now
Available American University Scholarships for International Students 2023
There are a number of scholarships available for international students who wish to study at American University. These scholarships are provided by the university itself, as well as by private organizations and donors.
Scholarships Provided by American University:
- The Global Leaders Scholarship offers full tuition coverage for four years of undergraduate study for students who demonstrate financial need and have a strong academic record.
- The John C. Whitehead Scholarship provides full tuition coverage for one year of undergraduate or graduate study for students who demonstrate financial need and have a strong academic record.
- The Presidential Scholarship provides full tuition coverage for four years of undergraduate study for students who demonstrate superior academic achievement.
- The Alumni Scholarship provides a $5,000 award for one year of undergraduate or graduate study for children or grandchildren of American University alumni.
- The Diversity Scholarship provides a $5,000 award for one year of undergraduate or graduate study for students who contribute to the diversity of the American University community.
Scholarships Provided by Private Organizations and Donors:
- The Gates Millennium Scholars Program provides full tuition coverage for up to ten years of undergraduate and graduate study for low-income minority students nationwide.
- The Fulbright Program provides funding for one year of graduate study or research abroad for students from over 155 countries worldwide.
- The Critical Language Scholarship Program provides funding for eight to ten weeks of intensive language study in thirteen critical languages during the summer months.
We hope this article on American University scholarships for international students has been helpful. Remember, there are many different scholarship options available, so be sure to do your research and find the one that best suits your needs. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to achieve your dreams of studying in America – just remember to stay motivated and start planning early. Good luck!
READ ALSO: US Universities that offer Full Scholarships to International Students 2023 – Apply Now