How To Connect A PS4 Controller To Your PC Via A USB Cable Or Bluetooth
If you love using PS4 controller for PC gaming, you’ll be glad to know that there are now a few ways to connect your PS4 controller to your Windows 10 PC.
The first method involves a wired connection (via a micro-USB cable), and the second involves pairing your controller wirelessly via Bluetooth.
1) How to connect PS4 controller to PC with a USB:
If you want to connect your PS4 controller with a micro-USB cable (the same cable you use to charge the controller), you have two options: via Steam or the DS4 Windows Utility.
OPTION 1: Connecting via Steam
If you’re a PC gamer, chances are you have a Steam account, which you can use to connect a PS4 controller.
1. Open the Steam app and click the Big Picture Mode icon in the top-right. It looks like a square with two arrows pointing out.
2. Once in Big Picture Mode, select the gear-shaped Settings icon at the top-right.
3. Under the Controller tab, click Controller Settings.
4. Check the box for PlayStation Configuration Support.
5. Plug the PS4 controller into your PC using the micro-USB cable. Make sure the backlight on the controller glows to indicate that there’s a connection.
How to connect PS4 controller to PC with Bluetooth
If your PC supports Bluetooth, you can pair and connect your controller wirelessly.
1. Open your PC’s search menu (you can press the Windows key + Q to open it immediately) and search for Bluetooth.
2. Select Bluetooth and other devices settings in the search results.
3. Make sure your computer has Bluetooth enabled by setting the switch labeled Bluetooth to On.
4. Hold down the Playstation and Share buttons on your controller until the backlight starts flashing.
5. On your PC, click Add Bluetooth or other device, and select Bluetooth.”Bluetooth” is the first, default option — if this doesn’t work, pick “Everything else” instead.
6. You’ll see your PS4 controller listed as Wireless Controller. Click it to finalize the connection. If you’re asked for a passcode, enter 0000.