In a previous post we talked about how you may be ignoring your partner’s love languages and made an attempt to identify the love signs you may be ignoring.
Here are 6 ways you can actually and properly respond to your partner’s love language after observing them:
1. Listen: when you take time to listen to your partner, you’d understand when they need you most to be there for them, stick together, pay attention to the things they want and what they don’t, look out for what makes them happy and their turn offs, when things gets rough and fine, go through tough times together, support each other, it’s very important to know your spouse has your back, listen to each other and find out what’s going on under the surface, by listening and paying close attention to all these, you’ll be able to Identity at least one of them.
2. Obeserve Their Actions: staying with someone helps you spot the things they like and dislike, if you observe they seek attention more, then you should know this person speaks the language of quality time, if the person likes holding hands understand this person is more of a physical touch, just pay attention and observe, that may be a good way of identifying what he/she likes and expects from you, observe and act.
3. Watch out for their Response And complains: Pay attention to the way the person respond to issues and react when you do things with them. According to Dr.Gary, people respond best to certain actions and to get the best out of your relationship, you have to know what your partner’s favorite action is, their complains, focus on their responses and actions.
4. Explore Your Findings: At first, you and your partner may not understand your love languages, take your time, ask questions, explore to know if you’re on the right track.
5. Connect and communicate: Good communication keeps a relationship alive, communication has tremendous power, create that unbreakable bond between you two, communicate everyday it strengthens the relationship and you’d be able to identify what your significant other likes and cherish, ask them what you can do for them, how you can add value to them, make their day great, what makes them happy, be intentional
6. Think About How They Show Their Love: Watch closely how your partner expresses his/her love, most times how we express love is how we want to be loved , interact more, this can offer an insight and unveil clues to how your partner would want to be loved.