At the beginning of romantic relationships, it is always exciting and passionate that people tend to pay little or no attention to certain signs, warnings and bad signals coming from their partners.
These red flags are mostly hidden in certain characters and attitudes of the partners involved in the relationships. You will need to be observant and pay attention to details, lest you get lost in the euphoria of passion and it all may end up a costly mistake tomorrow. Below are 8 of such flags:
1. Simple Lies: Everyone tells a lie every once in a while but when the lies become too frequent and too unnecessary then it becomes problem. If your partner can’t tell you simple truths about their whereabouts or why they did what they did, then how truthful can they be about their feelings for you?
2. They Are Rude To People Around Them But Nice To You: If your new bae can’t respect his or her parents, pick up fights with their neighbor or they are rude to the waiter during a date then they have serious attitude problems, even if they are very nice and polite around you. This could be because they just met you and want get entangled with you. If you choose to ignore it, in the end when they have become used to being with you, you will get your fair dose of the rude venom.
3. Your Friends And Family Don’t Like Them: Everyone seems not to be comfortable with your new found love except you. Your family doesn’t like him or her at all, your close friends don’t talk good about them either but you see nothing wrong in all of that. If the people who know you best don’t like the combination of you and your new love, doesn’t that tell you that you are seeing only what you want to see?
4. They Talk Bad About All Their Exes: It is ok if someone still feels a little bad about how their last relationship ended and still talk about it. However when they have nothing good to say about all their exes, doesn’t that mean they are the problem? If they keep saying everyone they have dated is crazy and weird, that should give you a hint that he or she is the crazy one.
5. Possession, Obsession And Control: Just few months into the relationship and you don’t have a breathing space, you can’t do anything without them being in your face. They treat you like a trophy they have won, a personal property, you have no right over yourself, your body or feelings. You have to explain yourself everytime and they want to decide where you go, what you do and how you do. That should be enough warning you have to run.
6. They Never Apologise: The relationship is new and you both are trying to get a hint on the other’s dos and don’ts but whenever its them crossing the line, they find a way to avoid owning up and apologising, instead they pick another fight. The red flag here is that they will never see anything wrong in whatever they do in the future no matter how bad.
7. They Cheated On Their Last Partner With You: This might seem exciting and cool to you now, after all you are the reigning bae. However it may be wise enough for you to do a check on their romantic or sexual history before you get too serious. If for every new partner he or she gets, they cheat on the old one, then its only a matter of time before you get cheated on too.
8. Your Intuition or Guts: Nothing loves you more and warns you of danger more than your own guts or instincts. If you keep feeling weird or uncomfortable about the idea of spending the rest of your life with a partner, then your intuition may just be warning you of an impending danger, do not ignore it.